Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Post


Date : 25th June 2009
Time: 9:11
Place: Mon' comfy bed :)

Oh the irony; I was inspired to start a beauty blog by the worst foundation in the world, And what foundation may that be, Lorraine, you ask?
"The Body Shop Oil Free Balancing Foundation, SPF 15" I answer. I cringe at the sound of it.

Don't get me wrong though, I am a huge Body Shop fan. I worship their numerous lotions, shower gels and body butters, and have a whole closet stashed with them.

But then, the deadly morning of the 24th of June (yes,yesterday), I decided to be daring, and try their makeup products.
I headed straight towards their foundation since I was in need of one (Max Factor's Lasting Power was a fail but that's another story for another day) and so the Oil Free Balancing Foundation SPF 15 caught my attention. I liked the sound of "oil-free" since my skin is terribly oily and needed to be nourished, and the SPF 15 seemed perfect for protection from the sun this summer. I chose the shade 02, which seemed to match my skin tone while I tested it out in the shop.

It was 14GBP (23 dollars), a fairly reasonable sum of money that I was willing to let go of to a company that has served me well for the past decade.

So then I got home, and immediately scrambled to the mirror. A pea sized amount of it fell onto my hand after pushing the top of the lid, and, using a foundation brush, I applied it to my face. From a normal woman I turned into an oompa-loompa. My skin turned orange and the product was streaky, but to add to this, it also added a greasy layer to my skin! I thought of switching this for a different shade, but what's the point of having a foundation that will lay greasily onto your skin?

Today morning, I happily returned to The Body Shop and swapped this horrible foundation for my usual body lotion (almond).

Moral of the story: never buy The Body Shop Oil Free Foundation SPF 15, and never attempt to be daring.

Now time to catch some well needed beauty sleep.

Goodnight xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment